Sports medicine is a new horizon for Ayurveda practitioner with innovative development of health practices. Sports medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with physical fitness and the treatment and prevention of injury related to sport and exercise. Aim of OPD is to render best health service in sports and traumatic injury, practice marma chikitsa and bone reduction techniques, treat efficiently chronic bone and joint injuries with Ayurveda specialty medicines and procedures.
- To adapt professional practice to meet the changing demands of health care systems.
- To treat efficiently the sports and traumatic bone and joint injuries with Ayurveda and integrated approach.
- To explore and practice Marma therapy in various diseases condition.
- Evidence based practice and validate the principles of Bhagna management.
- Provide sports and exercise training to athletes and prevention of sports injuries.
The Sports medicine OPD was inaugurated in January 2019 since then it is providing treatment for sports injuries, fractures with integration of Ayurveda (Marma therapy, Panchakarma, Yoga) and Physiotherapy which is giving good results. The unit has developed innovative splints and treatment protocols for fracture and sprain management. To promote the activities and provide effective care PG dissertation study is being undertaken. The Unit is providing care adhering to the basic principles of Ayurveda with utilization of modern equipment’s for faster healing.
Health care facilities/ services
- Meniscus injury
- Grade I and II Anterior and Posterior Cruciate Ligament tear
- Ankle Sprain
- Uncomplicated fracture
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Cervical spondylitis
- Supraspinatus tendinitis
- Inter Vertebral disc prolapse
- Osteo arthrirtis
- Public orientation programs
- Free health check-up camps
- Orientation programs to Physical director, Gym trainers
We manage the patients with integration of Ayurveda therapeutic measures and physiotherapy based on phase and condition of the injury. Ayurveda treatment measures like Marma therapy, Splint application, Bandaging, Basti (Medicated enema), Nasya (nasal administration of medicinal oil), Kati basti, Janu basti, Lepa etc. Physiotherapy treatments like Hot and Cold application, TENS, US etc. Unique Oral and local application medications like Marma guilka, Marma lepa, Balaguduchyadikashaya, Sahacharadikashaya, Yograjguggulu, Green lepa, Tab one sall, Arthronid, Ostalgin oil, Orthostop cap, Arjit pain killer spray, Quicfrac tab, Osteoten tab.
- Pradeep Shindhe
- Ramesh Killedar